The Kyle of Sutherland area in images throughout the year. Send yours to email@example.com
by donald bain
The former school at Croick was erected in the early 1880s. The footbridge was reputedly built so that pupils on the north side could cross over the River Carron. Croick school had initially 35 pupils and a grant of £66, 3s. 6d, as reported in Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland (1882-84). The school closed its doors in 1976.